Develop problem-solving skills and work on an industry project. Build core knowledge then specialise: Accounting, Business Analysis and Knowledge Management, Event Management, Hospitality Management, Marketing and Sales, Supply Chain and Logistics, or Tourism Management.
This programme is subject to NZQA approval.
What you will learn
- Learn the fundamentals of business management
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Gain experience on an industry project
- Specialise with a major of your choice
*Majors will be available subject to demand
Demand for accounting services continues to grow. Help managers create and implement financial strategies. Support senior management to make business decisions.
- Develop knowledge and skills for accounting
- Understand financial accounting, management accounting and taxation
Business Analysis and Knowledge Management
Investigate business systems and processes using analytical methods. Design solutions by implementing and using information systems for competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of the application of data in organisations, with a focus on how businesses use data.
- Demonstrate capability in designing, structuring, and analysing data.
- Understand the major issues facing organisations in adopting, implementing and using information systems for competitive advantage.
Develop an understanding of the conceptual thinking, strategic planning and tactical implementation of systems and processes to deliver great events locally and globally.
- Develop knowledge for the events industry.
- Learn event logistics, planning, marketing and sponsorship, and service marketing management.
Learn to manage hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions and cruise ships. Gain real-world skills you can apply in New Zealand or overseas.
- Develop knowledge and skills for the hospitality industry.
- Learn food and beverage, accommodation and facilities management.
Marketing and Sales
Focus on the promotion and sale of goods and services. Understand buyer behaviour and digital marketing, maximising their impact nationally and globally.
- Develop knowledge and skills in sales and marketing
- Learn about buyer behaviour, sales and marketing plans
Supply Chain and Logistics
Gain strategic skills for managing organisational sustainability and competitiveness in procurement and supply. Utilise logistic network management to enable businesses to penetrate global markets.
- Develop knowledge and skills in strategic management
- Learn about leadership, planning and strategy
Use multifaceted strategies to drive successful tourism ventures. Explore options in digital marketing and social media to maximise sustainable benefits in this dynamic industry.
- Understand the strategies and practices involved with managing a sustainable tourist destination
- Gain an appreciation of the influence of digital marketing and social media on marketing tourism products and destinations
Under 20 years
University Entrance or equivalent study/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
IELTS 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5), or equivalent.
This programme is not yet available to enrol online. If you would like to enrol please contact using the 'Talk to us' button below.