Start your career as an electrician. Learn the skills and theory that an electrician needs in their daily work. This course will give you broad-based training in all aspects of the industry.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of electrical theory
- Learn use of test instruments and take measures
- Develop skills in freehand drawing
- Carry out domestic and commercial wiring
- Participate in wiring up a house
- Learn how to diagnose and fix faults
- Complete manual soldering and de-soldering procedures
You could start work as an apprentice to a qualified electrician.
- Electrical fitter
- Electronics service person
- Appliance service technician
Under 20 years
- NCEA level 1
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.