The ICT industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. As a result there's a huge demand for industry-ready ICT graduates who have the right mix of technological skills and business awareness. The aim of The Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology is to meet the demand for highly-skilled network and data professionals, coders, system architects, developers, business analysts, cyber security experts, and other work-ready ICT professionals.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Information Technology is a 60 credit level 8 qualification, which can be completed in one semester or two trimesters or the equivalent part-time.
What you will learn
- Work on research projects
- Investigate the impact of IT on society
- Consider different perspectives on IT
- Elective options include:
- Multimedia application development
- Network security and forensics
- business analysts
- Cyber ethics
Are you looking to study part-time while you work or balance other commitments?
No problem we can make study work for you. This programme includes part-time study options for people who want the flexibility of studying while they manage other commitments.
- Security engineer
- Network manager
- Software developer
- IT systems analyst
- Database manager
Schedules of Courses and Options
All courses are 15 credits unless stated otherwise.
Compulsory (15 credits at level 8)
- IT8101/IT8400 - Research in Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8110 / IT8401 - Business Analysis for Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8111 / IT8402 - Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- IT8112 / IT8403 - Cloud Computing and ICT Infrastructure - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8115 / IT8406 - Multimedia Application Development for Mobile Devices - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8116 / IT8407 - Network Design and Management
- IT8117 / IT8408 - Network Security and Forensics
- IT8118 / IT8409 - Quality Assurance and Testing
- IT8119 / IT8410 - Systems Architecture and Technology Integration
- IT8120 / IT8411 - Special Topic in Information Technology (Blockchain and Cryptocurrency) - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8121 / IT8412- Research Project (30 credits) - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8122 / IT8413 - Topics in Cyber Ethics - Online/Blended delivery
- IT8124 / IT8413 - Internship (30 credits)
IT8426 / IT8418 - Advanced Project Management for Information Technology - Online/Blended delivery
Further Study Options
A bachelor's degree or postgraduate qualification in information technology or related subject with a B grade average at Level 7 or 8, or have the acquired skills and knowledge through relevant work or professional experience.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6, or equivalent.