This high energy programme offers you all the fundamental skills for a career in commercial radio broadcasting. Learn the basics of audio recording and editing, on-air presentation, creative-copywriting, voice–acting and promotional branding.
Experienced and professional tutors, all with comprehensive backgrounds in radio, offer a highly interactive learning environment with lots of opportunities to create through practical work.
(Offered by the New Zealand Radio Training School, part of Whitireia New Zealand Limited)
This programme covers the following:
- On-air basics, including voice, content and structure
- Media law – what you can and can't say on air
- Radio industry – where it's been and where it’s going
- Understanding how to use industry-standard software
- Understanding the basics of selling and writing commercials for broadcast
- Creating a range of audio projects such as commercials, station imaging and music features
- Creating promotional content that targets your audience
10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy and 10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy or equivalent plus evidence of communication skills based on an interview and aptitude test
IELTS 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5)