The Certificate in Rock, Jazz and Commercial Music is designed to provide a solid foundation for musicians wishing to work in the music industry or go onto further training. It covers all aspects of the music industry from performance, composition and song writing, music technology, music business and instrument studies.
The following subjects are taught:
- Instrument Studies - learning to play your instrument to a proficient level
- Ensemble Workshop - playing in groups
- Understanding Music - theory, ear training, musicianship
- Composition - song writing
- Professional Studies - music business, health and safety
- MIDI Technology - using computers to make music
- PA Technology - learning how to set up PA systems and mix live sound
Music programmes are taught in facilities that include:
- recording studios
- digi labs with Apple computers
- music production suites
- performance room equipped with lighting, PA, projector and large screen and performance equipment.
- fully equipped band rehearsal rooms.
- fully equipped DJ booths
- individual practice rooms, equipped with keyboards, stereos and practice amps.
- specialist music teaching rooms
- keyboard theory lab
- music library
- student music listening area
Grade 3 music theory or equivalent and evidence of instrumental and vocal skills/ability based on an audition and interview.
Proven equivalence of entry requirements plus IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0)